Haddock, Leek & Potato Soup
- 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” chunks
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Haddock fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch chives, garnish
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and sautée the leeks and potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until leeks have softened.
- Add the milk, vegetable stock, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender (check with a fork).
- Add the fish and poach for about 5 minutes, until the fish becomes flakey.
- Garnish with chopped chives.